- Format: VINYL2
- Have: YES
- Released: 2002
Electronica, downtempo, funk, grooves, oddities, and soul.
Steve Cobby and David McSherry. One of the oddest acts of the age of electronica was this band. Strange track titles, odd samples, meandering tunes that were at times not exactly songs, but still incredible mellanges of melody and soundscape.
Of all of their albums, this one is my favorite.
Dick Witty from BBC Collective called them "…two blokes from Hull, otherwise known as the Pink Floyd of electronica."
They also hooked me with their early compilation called Brazillification, a double disc of wonderful tunes.
Not much to expand on here. Cool stylistic shot and it looks rather 4AD. Artwork and photograph is by "LEF", while design was by David McSherry.
For fun, browse their releases, pause on the design of the cover art, and then get bemused by the track names.
- A1 Bumblehaun Accordion – Dan Eldon Harmonica – Dan Eldon
- A2 Motown Coppers
- B1 Spill The Beans Vocals – Steve Edwards
- B2 DNA Guitar – Archie Deacon*
- C1 We Build Arks Vocals – Steve Edwards
- C2 It's A Knockout
- D1 Monk's Utterance
- D2 Percival Quintaine Percussion – Aaron Gammon
- E Nightfall Vocals – Steve Edwards
- F1 Mother Nature's Spies Drums – Julian Taylor
- F2 The Green Green Grass of Homegrown Accordion – Dan Eldon, Harmonica – Dan Eldon, Vocals – Steve Edwards
Distributed By – 3MV
Mastered At – The Town House
Copyright (c) – Twentythree
Phonographic Copyright (p) – Twentythree
Engineer, Producer – Fila Brazillia
Mastered By – Geoff Pesche
Like it? You can ☕️ Buy Me Cocoa.
- 🎙 Music
No things are technically related.