It has to be the title track as my favorite. Such a calmly meandering and soothing track.
Here it is:
Oscar & Ewan Design Studio worked on this records artwork.
They have a quick writeup about the project on their site: Black Sands
The photography was shot by Pelle Crépin.
As I mentioned his other albums "Animal Magic" and "Days to Come", don't forget "Dial 'M' for Monkey", but also, if you're into live music, this lovely short set of tunes from Bonobo's early career is quite good:
In fact, here is "Pick Up", remixed by Four Tet for that release (wait for the drums to kick in and not let up at 2:12!):
- A1 Prelude Piano, Double Bass, Harmonium – Simon reen (2) Violin – Mike Simmonds
- A2 Kiara Violin – Mike Simmonds
- A3 Kong Bass, Keyboards, Guitar – Simon Green 2)
- A4 Eyesdown Featuring, Written-By – Andreya riana Harp – Simon Green (2)
- B1 El Toro Bass, Guitar [Nylon], Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – Simon Green (2) Flute, Saxophone – Mike Lesirge Trombone – Alan Hardiman Trumpet – Ryan Jacob Violin, Viola – Mike Simmonds
- B2 We Could Forever Bass, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Harmonium – Simon Green (2)
- B3 1009
- C1 All In Forms Guitar, Keyboards, Bass – Simon Green 2)
- C2 The Keeper Bass, Guitar, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – Simon Green (2) Vocals [Featuring], Written-by – Andreya Triana
- C3 Stay The Same Bass, Guitar [Nylon], Keyboards, Musical Box – Simon Green (2) Saxophone – Jack Willey* Vocals [Featuring], Written-by – Andreya Triana
- D1 Animals Double Bass, Keyboards, Guitar – imon Green (2) Drums – Graham Fox axophone, Bass Clarinet – Tom Chant
- D2 Black Sands Double Bass, Guitar [Nylon], Mandolin, Harmonium, Piano, Xylophone – Simon Green (2) Drums – Jack Baker (2) Flute, Clarinet – Mike Lesirge Trombone – Alan Hardiman Trumpet – Ryan Jacob Violin – Mike Simmonds
Mastered At – The Soundmasters
Pressed By – MPO
Published By – Just Isn't Music
Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ninja Tune
Copyright (c) – Ninja Tune
Design, Art Direction – Oscar & Ewan
Mastered By [Uncredited], Lacquer Cut By [Uncredited] – Kevin Metcalfe
Photography By – Pelle Crépin
Photography By [Assisted By] – Matthew Robinson (5)
Written-By, Producer – Simon Green (2)
Contains download code for the MP3 version of this release.
Printed innersleeves with graphics and credits.
180gram vinyl pressing.